Sunday, May 25, 2008

Happy Birthday!




What a great weekend
for a birthday....
seriously.

I could not have wished
for anything better.
Thank you for all the calls, emails, cards, and well wishes that helped to pull me out of my funk on Friday...more on that later. Maybe.




The day started with us reminiscing over past birthdays. 5 years ago I was sitting on a tarmac at 2 a.m., alone, waiting for Tim to come home after his first tour in Iraq. I won't ever forget that birthday, surrounded by thousands of strangers waiting anxiously in the dark for their loved ones...4 years ago I celebrated my birthday with my Dad & Donna who visited me in Cali (Tim was in Iraq for round 2)...and then this year...

Today was the first birthday in years (literally 6) where I was able to wake up next to my husband and have a real birthday with family. Something I use to take for granted until I moved 2000 miles away. My mom stopped by in the morning, then my dad and Donna made the trip up from Toledo and we had an awesome lunch by the lake. Later, my mom, dad, & Eric stopped by from some cake.

The cake. A special thanks to John & Anna for sending the BEST darn birthday cake I have ever had. As you can see from the picture, it was not only fashionable but so good that we couldn't stop eating it. Sent all the way from Long Beach...to Rockford, Mi. You guys rock & I cannot thank you enough. Wish you could have been here to enjoy it with us!

The weather has been beautiful, the day filled with loved ones, and what can I say?! This definitely beat staying in the hospital. A truly blessed day. The other picture I posted is of Sophie in our front yard yesterday. Another special thanks to a student of mine, Delaney, who sent an awesome birthday present of cute slippers and even a gift for Sophie. As you can see, the day was beautiful and she was in heaven with her new "treasure."

I am grateful for many reasons today. Exhausted, but grateful. I was concerned Will would make his debut this weekend, but all is well. He enjoyed the cake today by kicking and rolling around...maybe it was his favorite flavor, Chocolate Chip. Or maybe it was the fact I had like 3 pieces and the caffeine put the kid on overdrive. Who knows. Or maybe he sensed that his mommy was happier than she has been in a long time...I bet that's it.

1 comment:

Anne E. said...

You look like a HOTTIE on your b-day! HOLLA!