Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sunday.


Today was good. Yesterday wasn't bad either...the sun and fresh air can make anything nearly bearable. Here is the newest photo of Will. It is much harder to see without all the fluid around his little head...so sad.

After we got a grip on our emotions (and a good night's sleep) after our Friday doctor's appointment, we sat down and talked about all that was going on. I called a good friend in CA and got a 2nd opinion...and he confirmed our thoughts...there is no need for me to go sit in the hospital if they cannot do anything for me. So tomorrow I will be giving my doctor a call to see what they plan to do for me if and once I was to be admitted.

I was not brought up to question authority, however, ever since the doc told me he wanted me in the hospital I was overcome with a sense that it wasn't right. I know when I am sick, and I am not one to push the envelope on my health either. But let's face it, I know that I run more of a risk of getting an infection and/or losing my mind being in a nasty hospital, all alone, for possibly weeks on end. Its a shame that we now live in a world where doctors can no longer give advice to patients based on medicine and what is best for that individual. It all comes down to liability and them having to cover their own butt so they won't get sued.

The other aspect of our story: Tim has to leave for New Jersey to train for his new job in June for roughly two weeks. This presents lots of problems/possible undesirable situations. But we decided that I will definitely go and stay in the hospital then. Peace of mind for us both.

One day at a time. Its funny how much of our life has been lived out this way. Its tough, but this won't be forever. Never again will we take for granted being able to travel outside the city or even plan something more than a day in advance. At times I can't believe how crazy our life has been since we moved home. 

It has been nothing like we hoped and dreamed it would be, but thank goodness we ARE here. We are both looking to the future and hoping this can somehow be resolved soon. It will be in God's time though, not ours. There are so many uncertainities that only one thing IS certain, without all of our family and friends praying and carrying us through this...we would have lost our minds weeks ago.

2 comments:

Megan Smith said...

I can totally see Baby Will - he's beautiful. What a cute little, round head! :) Still praying for you Julie - for Will, for your health, for courage and comfort for you and Tim, for wisdom and guidance for your Dr.'s.

PS...some suggestions for you while you are on bedrest:

Learn to knit! - you can make baby and doggy clothes

Catch up on your reading - I suggest The No1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith - I think there are 8 in the series now.

Make a Scrapbook

Take an online course in writing!

If you're really looking for something to do you can do my lesson plans for next year ;)

Hang in there Julie!!!

taraelhart said...

Julie,
I am a friend of Julie Visser. When she sent the first email telling us about you and your baby I was very touched and prayed God for you. That day I felt God was going to do a miracle for you. I can't say what His plans are. I can only pass a little of my faith to tell you that no matter what He is with you and in those worst and terrible moments you can reach him more than ever to feel his love and comfort. Trust Him and He will be so real to you that no matter what happen his strength will lift you and carry you trough this time of sorrow. You will be in my prayers and in my hope to witness the hand of God in your life.
May God bless you and be with you.
Love in Christ,
Liliana

Isaiah
13 For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand,
Saying to you, ‘Fear not, I will help you.’