Saturday, June 28, 2008

Another day in paradise...

Last night Tim and I had date night. Nothing like a little take out from T.G.I Friday's and a movie from Netflix to take me away from this place for a few hours. We decided that this will be our Friday night routine, a reward of sorts...only a few more to go.

I am just grateful to eat anything other than the nasty hospital food, which nearly makes me dry heave every time I look at it. Last night's dinner tray was no exception. They messed up my carbs again and then some of it I couldn't even eat, but I had to try because they test my blood sugar after every meal. I started to feel pretty crappy (Kelly this is when you happened to call and no wonder I felt the way I did!) and they tested my blood at it was at 56! Yikes...it is normally between 110 and 140. So on a bright note I got to drink some oj and eat some of my chex mix I was eyeing the past two days.

My family stopped by this afternoon and we took a walk around Heritage Hill (for all of those not familiar with GR, its the blocks around the hospital with tons of old homes built around the early 1900's that are amazing). They pushed me in the wheelchair and we enjoyed the great weather. It was hard to go back inside...

Still waiting to see if I get moved to a nice corner room. I'm praying that it happens tomorrow, I just need a change of scenery. Since I've been here its gone from spring to summer, it is so surreal. I think I'm just getting extremely homesick, I especially miss looking out into our back yard to see the deer in the woods. I pray every night that things go okay and July will be a great month for numerous reasons.

1 comment:

Beth Read said...

That paper chain is getting shorter!! I am so glad that you got to eat some of that chex mix...a girl just shouldn't be denied for so long! We are still praying for you all the time!!!