Thursday, June 12, 2008

Day 15

The last 24 hours have been a whirlwind...in a great way.

My step-sis, Heidi, drove up from Toledo yesterday afternoon to keep me some company while Tim is away. I was grateful for the company and the laughs. She spoiled me with a backrub and pedicure, both of which I am extremely grateful for. Who knew if you laid in bed all day/every day your back would get tons of knots?!? Anyways, she spent the night at the hospital and then volunteered to go shopping for me at the mall and grab me some much needed lounge wear/pajamas. It was great to have her surprise me and pick out some new things. I've been washing and wearing the same things for over 2 weeks and its getting old.

We took some pictures (including one of my count down chain) which I will try to post again. I can't get them to post from my Mac right now. Shocker.

After she left I had some dinner which made my blood sugar spike again. Still trying to get this whole diabetes thing right. Its hard! For those of you who know me, know that I have zero self-control and love food...so this is pretty much torture. Yesterday my doctor came in for his daily visit and got after me because I haven't gained any weight since I've been here. What?!?!

I told him, "That's what happens when you take away a girl's ability to visit the McDonalds drive thru on a daily basis..."

Shoot. What does he expect? I hate the food here and can't eat carbs unless they are counted out for me, and even then it still gets jacked up. I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised and shocked at that news though, because all I do is eat. Seriously.

After dinner I had two more visitors...my mother-in-law and also Brian stopped by. So its been great to have so many people visiting. Takes me mind off all the other stuff. I can't believe tomorrow is Friday and Tim will be back in a week. YAY!

No other real medical news. Baby is growing and moving. He's had the hiccups throughout the week, which is actually very strange to feel, but I love it and cherish each day with him. Tomorrow I get to rip off another ring on the chain....Week 27 officially begins. That marks 10 weeks since all the complications began. At times I still can't believe all that is happening and how far we have already come...

No comments: