Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Day Seven.

Woke up this morning super groggy and out of it from the sleeping pill they gave me. That is because people keep waking me up to do things, then I fall asleep and my phone rings or another nurse comes in. I am exhausted...you'd think I'd be getting the best vacation/sleep of my life. The truth is: being in the hospital is exhausting and hard work!

I hope its the medicine anyways. This morning I had to drink this bottle of sugary water (the nastiest thing ever) so they could then draw blood and make sure I haven't developed diabetes. Mark that down on the list of awesome things happening lately. So now I feel dizzy and sick to my stomach. I would love to sleep but know its only a matter of time before someone else comes to torture me...

News update: While I was typing earlier a had a couple of visitors and had to stop posting, so now for the update to the 2 paragraphs above.
1. Baby is very active, heartbeat is good. He is a mover!
2. My blood work from the glucose test came back. I failed it by 2 points. Yes...I said 2 points. One of the nurses came in to tell me (she is awesome and one of my favorites) and I really didn't care until she said that now I have to do it all over again on Friday. Only next time I have to drink twice as much junk and they will draw my blood once every hour for 3 straight hours. In typical Julie fashion I completely freaked (she was laughing...so it wasn't that bad) and now I am over it. I won't be a happy camper on Friday though...because I can't eat all morning either. I accused her of messing with the results because I keep ringing her call button for water:)
3. While all this was happening, I got another huge surprise. My old high school boyfriend strolled in dressed in scrubs. We had been good friends through college and then once I moved to CA, we just lost communication. So, needless to say, I was completely dumbfounded to find out he is a medical student here at this hospital until July. Truly, God works in mysterious ways. Nothing like a good old distraction from my usual daily torture. I still can't believe it.

So like I said before...my mind is over-stimulated with all this chaos. Literally. I keep talking to God, praying, and just wondering if sometimes he is playing this joke on me...I mean seriously, who really checks into the hospital and then there is a helicopter crash, a run in with an ex-boyfriend, and various other strange events all in the same week?! Welcome to my life. God has a wonderful sense of humor, and thank goodness he blessed me with the ability to laugh at all of this too, or I would seriously would lose it.

No comments: