Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Day Six.

Yesterday after I posted my blog, my day went from crap to completely wonderful. Funny how that works...I had a feeling too. Sometimes when things get really bad, I know that it HAS to get better. And yesterday, it did.

I had the most wonderful surprise visit from an old friend Kelly and her mom last night. They walked in and I was in complete shock and started to cry. Kelly was a bridesmaid in my wedding and I haven't seen her in years...I was so grateful for their visit. As my mom always said, "with true friends it doesn't matter how long you haven't seen each other, you get together and talk as if you have never been apart." Thank you so much for coming to see me...

After they left Tim took me for my daily wheelchair ride. It is warm here, so it was nice to get some fresh air. My mom pulled up curb side and dropped off some care packages that arrived to her house from everyone at A.V.C.S. 

I cannot thank you all enough for all of your thoughtfulness, everything is sooooo awesome and I am truly grateful for all the fun gifts and letters. The nurses are quite jealous of the fuzzy green blanket and my new slippers (which are both perfect by the way). And the reading material is seriously just what I needed. I will be emailing soon to set up a time for Chuck, Betina, and I to figure out a way for me to "see" you soon....via the web cam.

So today I just hung out and was able to my new book and the magazines. A pretty uneventful and blessed day since time went relatively quickly again. Tomorrow marks one week in the hospital...amazing. Thank you for your continued prayers, I truly feel the support and that is what makes this bearable.

1 comment:

Kyle & Alissa Circle said...

Julie, we are all believing for a miracle!! I know that each day has it's ups and downs but it has been so inspiring to read about yours and Tim's faith through this whole process. I truly believe that God is showing you in one way or another each day that He has His hand in this whole situation, not matter how confusing and frustrating it may seem some days.

I miss you and your laughter in the lunchroom. Kyle and I are praying for you, Tim and Will.