Sunday, June 29, 2008

New Room...

Biggest news for the day...I got moved to a corner room. Pretty excited actually, it has a bunch more windows and more room. The change of scenery is nice too. So if you plan on visiting, give a ring first or stop by the nurses station so you don't walk into the wrong room!! I just don't want to post the number on this blog for the world to see.

Other than that, it was a good day. Had one of my favorite nurses. Tim brought lunch and Sophie. We all went on a nice, long walk, and then I had a surprise visit from a great, old friend. Couldn't ask for much more...other than to go home.

Did a little research and also talked with the doctor today regarding Will. Things still don't look that promising and I am really trying to keep the faith. I guess for the first time in my life, this one thing that I don't want to face. It is one thing that Tim and I find difficult to talk about. Too many "what ifs" and both of us just don't know what to expect at all. For everything that we have been through, we're totally clueless right now. Sometimes this just seems too hard and too scary. This is one of those days. I think my biggest challenge today is all my useless wishing that things could be...should be...so different right now. And to think that I wanted to have like 4 kids! It is going to take a lot of time and courage for us to face this road again, even if Will does make it through okay...it just hasn't been what we always dreamed of, and of its been totally unlike all of our friends' stories.

I need to get over the fact that this isn't just going to go away and I do need to deal with it.
I just wish I knew what I was going to be dealing with.

1 comment:

Beth Read said...

Wow! congrats on the new room! Does the hospital ever give you a chance to talk to other moms who are going through this bedrest thing? Maybe you could have the chance to get to know the woman in the room next door and compare experiences. I don't know, maybe that sounds creepy but I was just wondering what kind of support groups or opportunities they may offer.
I can't pretend to know how you are feeling, but I certainly sympathize, and your honesty just pulls at my heart strings. Try not to lose sight that God does have a plan in here somewhere. It's like shaking up a snow globe....in the midst of the flurry you can't see how beautiful things are going to turn out. It may take some time to see just what God is preparing you for.....