Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Thankful for friends...


Today was the best day I have had in a long time. I had two good high school friends visit today, Liz & Kristy, and we had a great time catching up. It was like a reunion, as we ran into Brian downstairs when they took me for my daily wheelchair ride (by the way, you did a great job driving Kristy! No direct hits...) They spoiled me with lunch from Panera and an awesome care package...which will keep me entertained for sure.
I am so blessed to have so many great friends. Not just here, but all over this country that are helping me to get through each day. I am also grateful for all the others who read this blog, even though they don't know me, but care enough to keep me and my family in their prayers...
After my visits today, things were back to normal. I got to catch up on some sleep that I have been missing out on, given yesterday's chaos. Then later this evening Brian was gracious enough to come back and take me for a walk (well, he got to walk while he pushed me in the jankiest wheelchair ever) around the historic neighborhood around the hospital. The weather is gorgeous and cool, perfect for being outside. Definitely lifted my spirits.
After my scare yesterday, I got to thinking...I have been focusing so much on Will that I have failed to really prepare myself for any sort of labor or the actual birthing process. Don't people take classes for this stuff?!? How come I'm not??? And if I don't know what I am doing, Tim most certainly doesn't either...
Its too much to think about. So I'll do what I've been doing every day for the last 3 months. I'll pray about it and know that it isn't in my control, but God's...

2 comments:

Megan Smith said...

As someone whose been to those so called "Prepared Childbirth" classes I can tell you that you aren't missing a thing. Ryan and I stuck it out cause we kept thinking they'd tell us something useful - ha! There are some seriously dumb people in those classes - it's a miracle most of our classmates figured out how to get themselves knocked up in the 1st place. Don't worry - you're NOT missing out. If you want a GOOD preparation buy the books The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy and Fearless Pregnancy - they are right up your ally ;)

Beth Read said...

As a nurse who works with all sorts of people delivering babies, I can agree with your friend Megan that there is certainly no IQ test that needs to be passed before one is able to conceive. And if they can make it through the birthing process, then you will do it without a problem! Do yourself a favor and read from some of those books about pregnancy and delivery, but don't go searching all over the internet about what kinds of wierd and unusual things can happen during delivery. I can just see you right now freaking out for no reason! I would be more than happy to give you and Tim a "Childbirth 101" class, I do it almost every day! Email me with any questions or give me a call. I should be in town soon, so I'll let you know when I will be there:) Beth