Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Two weeks...

Final ultrasound was this morning. I had a different technician who wasn't too chatty and didn't really say much. So I was annoying and made sure to ask lots of questions...I'm pretty sure I bugged her but I don't care, this was scheduled to be the highlight of my day and I was going to take advantage. Besides, I'm sick of people not telling me anything.

This is what I do know: He is 2 lbs 13 oz. There isn't any fluid, although he was practicing what they call "fetal breathing" which I was told is an extra bonus for us. This doesn't promise anything, but it can be taken as a good sign as he is practicing the motions of breathing inside the womb. I'm not getting my hopes up though, the doctor is still being extremely somber. Its hard to read the doctors here sometimes, they like to joke around with me, but when talking about the baby they have never given any hope or a slip of false hope. So I don't know what to think.

Yesterday was a much better & interesting day. I had lots of fun visitors who brought me awesome food. Thanks again Beth, Chris, & Kristy for visiting me!!! I wish every day could go that fast...I was wiped out by the afternoon and still perplexed by a home movie Beth brought of a cruise we all went on back when I was 18 years old. All I can say is that I have not laughed that hard in a long time, and it was a great release to escape back even if it was only for 10 minutes. Makes me want to take more pictures and videos of things now...It was a good blast from the past moment:)

No comments: