Thursday, November 13, 2008

Passing notes

This week, I have been subbing in the local school district at a school that I have been at frequently since Sept. Today was my 5th day in the last two weeks in the same 5th grade classroom. We've been having fun together and its been a great experience...which is a welcome change.

Today before leaving, one of the girls hands me two folded up notes. So they crowded around as I opened the first one...a piece of lined paper with every one's name signed and the words:
U R the best sub!!!
Too cute. I was so surprised and asked them when they did this (assuming they were passing it around at recess)...
"We passed it around while you were walking around reading aloud to us."
Uh, yeah.
That's great.
Here they are passing notes around the entire classroom and I failed to even notice...and I really don't know how that could have happened:)
It makes me wonder what else I just happened to not notice while being in my usual foggy haze.
Whatever.
I couldn't help but laugh...
Its little notes like this that help remind me how much I love teaching.

No comments: