Monday, December 29, 2008

7 years

7 whole years.
I look at this picture and realize that I don't even know those people anymore.
So many things have happened.
So much has changed.

Someone should have grabbed me aside that day I walked down the aisle and warned me that I was about to go on the adventure of a lifetime....the kind that you can't even dream of. Because looking back, sometimes I am still shocked at everything we've done, everything we've overcome. With all the things that have happened...all the places we've lived...the places we've traveled...the people we've met...it truly has been an amazing journey so far.

And I can't imagine going through that with anyone else.
Then again maybe we were just too young and dumb to know any different.

Now, what are some things I have learned in the last 7 years?
1. Never have serious conversations after 10 p.m. ~ it turns ugly.
2. Hire someone to paint. Its worth the money to save the marriage.
3. Never hang pictures together. Hanging pictures = Fight.
4. And finally...don't bother asking him if you can buy something you don't need. We already know the answer...so just buy it anyways and hide the evidence.
5. And then of course. A sense of humor is a must. For both laughing at yourself...and then of course laughing at your husband when he does something stupid.

*I'm blessed because I get to laugh a lot.

Because as I sit here and look at pictures and remember stupid things that have happened. All I can do is shake my head in disbelief...and laugh.

We were so young and dumb.
I guess you could say we still are...but I keep telling myself, through it all, we must have gotten a little wiser.

No comments: