Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Endless snow

No need to dream of a white Christmas here...
The snow, well, its been relentless.

I have lost count how many times my car has gotten stuck or how many times I have shoveled the driveway in the last week. All I know, is that I am so over this. Attempting to go to church tonight has already been altered due to weather. I'm surprised the mailman was able to deliver our mail today. I wish he hadn't. The only thing in there?

Will's birth and death certificate.
On Christmas Eve?
You've got to be kidding me.
I'm not even going to question that timing. I'm ignoring it...

If we're not planning our lives around the traffic in Orange County...we're planning it around the weather here. In my book that means they pretty much cancel each other out. I am just extremely grateful to be by family and not stuck in some airport. And tomorrow, we get to wake up in our own house on Christmas day for the first time in 7 years. Awesome.

As I sit here and look out the back windows I just realized something. The first time we went through this house was last Christmas Eve. We decided to look at some houses for fun, while we were home. And as we drove to this house it was snowing like crazy and I thought we were insane for looking at houses in such crap weather...I don't remember much about that day, but I do remember stepping into this house for the first time. It took my breath away...and it was perfect, I feel blessed that this is one dream that did come true.

And despite everything...I know we are meant to be here.

2 comments:

Megan Smith said...

I am praying for you extra hard today and tomorrow - ahhhh, who am I kidding - every day! I pray that God blesses you with little reminders of how much He loves you - and us too!

I have no words Julie, but I do have prayers!

KRISTYN said...

Hi Julie -
Thinking of you often. Sending you hugs, thoughts, and prayers.... I don't know why things happen in the order that they do, or on the days that they do. As you know, and as I have shared with you my experiences - life gives you curve balls. I too, sometimes get a little tired of the "learning experiences". :) I wish you love, and healing.