Saturday, February 7, 2009

Heat Wave

Its a windy and balmy day.
The air is warm and...
the snow is melting.
Yesssss.
(insert sigh of relief here)

That means,
well...in Michigan terms,
its time to bust out the shorts and bathing suits now that we surpassed 40 degrees.
Seriously.
After its been as cold as it has,
this feels like a major heat wave.

Here is my prediction though.
Everything will melt,
the air will warm
and the illusion will be given that spring is near...
until one morning we'll all wake up
under a foot of snow.
Jack Frost is known for that
one last sucker punch of the season.

Blogging has been put off lately.
I don't know where the time has gone,
all I do know,
is that it has been flying by super fast.

But I am feeling...
good.
And its just hasn't been today,
its been ever since I said enough is enough to those awful "happy" pills they put me on shortly before Will's arrival...turns out they made me anything but happy.

My prayers have been answered.
I am coming back...
and feeling more like myself.
The person before all this happened.
I give credit to a number of things.
This includes not only being weaned off that crap I never wanted to go on, but I also have been reading a Purpose Driven Life again.
Only this time through different eyes.
Every day I take time out to read, usually while I have a prep hour subbing. I also have only been teaching in the high school or middle school.
Little ones just wear me out something wicked.
And if I'm going to have to do this anyways,
why not get paid the same and have at least an hour to sit and read in silence.
Work smarter, not harder.

So in a nutshell,
nothing earth shattering is happening if anyone were to be watching.
The only drastic change isn't seen on the outside.
But I feel like a completely different person on the inside.
And I feel something I will totally admit I haven't really felt in awhile...
extremely and utterly grateful.

2 comments:

Michael said...

Wow - this is encouraging and great to read. I am so grateful you have been able to identify that the pills were part of the problem. We will continue to pray.

Michael Bartels

Stacie said...

I just discovered your blog from a comment that you left on My Charming Kids that I just happened to read. I love the way you write...about the good and the bad.

My 4 year old son was diagnosed with a brain tumor last March that had already spread to his spine. He's had 5 surgeries, whole brain and spine radiation, and chemo (that we hope to finish this June).

There are no guarantees that he will make it. I hope and pray that he will. And I know you get that feeling completely.

Blessings to you. Thank you for your authenticity. So glad I found your blog.

Stacie Smith
www.smithscooptexas.blogspot.com