Monday, October 26, 2009

Getting older...

My little brother turns 24 today.
But he will always seem much younger to me...
He will always be that skinny little kid
that tormented me by sneaking into my room to steal gum,
that harassed all my pretty friends:)
that has always made me laugh with his impeccable timing
and unique sense of humor.
For those that know my family...
it is common knowledge that Eric is hilarious.
And I will never run out of his stories...
his life has only enriched mine.

Sure,
he has gotten older with the years.
But there is something reassuring that with time, 
he will be one of the few people that I can always count on to be the same.
He will always be brutally honest,
never fake...
always real...
and his excitement~ authentic.

He has not stopped talking about his birthday since this summer,
in case you didn't know...
its kind of a big deal:)
He thinks that getting 24 dollars in his birthday card makes him rich.
Even better?
It must mean more money if it comes to him in all singles :)
And that is just one simple reason, out of thousands, why I love him so much.

2 comments:

Desha said...

I feel the same way about my "little" brother! I don't know how I found your blog, but I check in often to see how you are doing. I also love all the pictures of sweet Will, and my heart aches for you. I know no baby will ever replace your little man, but I am praying you will be able to once again smell that sweet baby smell and let your heart heal. Just wanted to let you know that someone is listening and praying for you!

Kelly said...

So sweet!
...and you look great, Julie!