Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Yay for February...

When I woke up yesterday morning and realized it was no longer January...
I was thrilled.
But today,
its snowing...gross.
This is the time of year, when I am not thrilled to see snow ~ but disgusted.
When we lived in SoCal, January didn't hold the same contempt
as it does now...because honestly, it felt the same as any other of the 11 months out there.
Sunny and perfect.
Groundhog's day...
the term Tim & I referred to explain how every single day felt and looked the same,
to someone who is from the frozen tundra like us.

But now?
I can't stand January.
So I am super glad its February...a short month too.
I am looking at the passing of months as a big deal right now.
In March we have our 3-D ultrasound with Dr. Risky.
And in April the baby is viable.
Which is something I was blissfully unaware of until Will.
In May...it will be warmer...
followed by June.
And my goal is July.
The official due date is Aug. 5th,
however, since I have to have a c-section...
the latest I will be pregnant is until 38 weeks.
I've already done the math,
Will's anniversary days fall real close.
So that is a possibility.
We'll worry about that later.

Until then, I am focusing on February.
Next week, Tim is flying to Jersey for work.
He is nervous to leave me, yet I am quick to remind him that 4 days hardly compares to 2 deployment tours that lasted between 6 and 7 months.
Perspective...hello.
And even when I was in the hospital with Will,
he was forced to go for nearly 2 weeks.
I could have gone into labor any time,
yet they made him go for work.
Looking back, I don't know how we made it through without completely flipping out.

So I guess I can handle a little snow right now...
it makes laying low even easier.
Who wants to go out in the nasty cold and slush?
Not me.
So until winter truly begins to thaw,
I will eat and take naps...and say a prayer of thanks for each uneventful day.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Hi Julie!
It's your cousin, Lauren :) Vicki sent your blog to my mom so now we can keep in touch with you. I hope you stay healthy and strong through another cold snowy Michigan winter. I felt so sad for you guys and Will and cried over your blog before, so I'm sending all the good feelings I can to you now so your pregnancy can go smoothly. Talk to you again soon!
Love, Lauren