Thursday, March 18, 2010

20 weeks

Imagine this...
when the doctor asked if Tim would mind giving me a
weekly shot of thick progesterone  in my hip,
I never thought about what might actually happen.
Seems simple enough, but with my life
I should have known it wouldn't be so simple.

So picture this,
my nurse friend is now my personal medical staff.
The reason being, after much discussion with lots of my "health professional" friends, we decided that despite all our marriage has endured,
having Tim try to give me those shots just might not be in our best interest.
That is, if we want to stay married:)
And I do...

So, now my friend is drawing up the meds and then jabbing the HUGE needle into my backside.
This isn't particularly funny...
unless you know me.
It gets better of course.
Last week it was done in my home after a Tastefully Simple party.
This week we met for dinner at Panera,
then for the sake of time
I crawled into the backseat of my car
and she shot me up with drugs.

Yes, in my car...in a parking lot.

I kept picturing all the worst case scenarios that could happen.
Such as a cop pulling up for dinner,
or a random car pulling into the empty parking spot next to my open car door where my friend stood trying to get the best angle...
or worse yet, some young college kid from one of the many Bible colleges just down the road catching a glimpse and mistaking me
for some drugged out meth-head tweeker.

Brilliant.
The last one is my favorite I think...
its so funny and far from the truth I can't help but laugh out loud.

1 comment:

paigearoo said...

Just the term 'meth-head tweeker' makes me LOL.