Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Finally...a baby update


I had all these great plans to blog this month
(because plenty happened)
and then all the sudden I woke up and April is nearly over.
So in an attempt to catch up,
I'm doing a baby update first and then maybe later I'll actually get around to finishing all those half written posts I have piling up in my blog account.

Today I had another appointment with one of the high risk doctors I have been seeing.
I have been going every 2 weeks for certain measurements,
but today they measured our little man...
who really isn't all that little.
I was assured he is in the top percentile for growth and was told he is completely "normal" and we have genetics to thank for his size and weight which is officially over 2 lbs.
This shocked me because at 32 weeks, Will measured in at a bruising 3 1/2 lbs....so it'll be interesting to see where this guy ends up.

And even though I am 26 weeks tomorrow, our baby is measuring more at the 27 week mark which makes me want to jump for joy.
He has been moving a ton lately, much to my delight...
and often times we will be laying and watching a movie and I can't help but bust out laughing.
Because it feels so weird,
and I am just enjoying every minute of it.

Of course, during the ultrasound today he was moving around,
But not in a cooperative sort of way.
The only good picture is the one posted above,
because this baby loves to rub his face and keep his arms strategically placed in front of his head.
I think he wants to surprise us.

But the most important thing is that this pregnancy is going good.
Fluid is normal,
growth is good and unlike at this time with Will
I am not in the hospital on bed rest.
What a huge blessing.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Hurray! I am so happy for you guys! So thankful to God for blessing you in this way.

Nakia Stewart said...

Congrats!! I know how if feels when they start moving around. It does feel funny but it's a joy. I have two boys ages 8 and 9 months and they are adorable. I hope you continue to stay healthy and take it easy, ok? Check out my blogs if you have time. Thanks!

Nakia Stewart said...

Congrats!! I know how if feels when they start moving around. It does feel funny but it's a joy. I have two boys ages 8 and 9 months and they are adorable. I hope you continue to stay healthy and take it easy, ok? Check out my blogs if you have time. Thanks!