Thursday, July 22, 2010

the waiting game

Everything is done,
or at least...
I think it is.

We don't have any future plans,
other than having to drive to the hospital soon.

And I am as ready as I will ever be.
I'm anxious and excited and scared and in disbelief that the time has come...
and now that I have reached 38 weeks
I am also very impatient.
All these precautions were taken so Jack wouldn't come early...
now he just wants to hang out in there.

I had my last appointment yesterday,
and left knowing this kid is going to be big.
I just can't wait to finally see and hold him.
It seems like we've been waiting forever,
and in some ways we really have.

So, now all I can do is sit here and wait.
And hope that maybe he wants to come out before Tuesday,
just to stir things up a bit...

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Julie

Thank you for sharing your journey. We are so blessed to be on the ride. You and Tim are in our thoughts and prayers as you no so patiently wait for Jack to make his appearance. What a wonderful blessing. May God continue to guide you on this wonderful new journey into parenthood.

We love and miss you.

Shannon and Rachel

carriekuipers said...

I will be thinking about you tomorrow!! I am so excited for you. Have a very blessed day.