Thursday, July 28, 2011

Whirlwind

Jack's 1st Haircut
Visiting the bricks that Grandma & Grandpa had done in honor of Will in Rockford.


What a crazy time these past two weeks have been.
We made it through Will's 3rd Birthday and death anniversary
just looking towards the future and Jack's 1st Birthday to get us through.
This year was still difficult and being 23 weeks pregnant only made
me more emotional.
Then on July 21st my grandmother passed away after a long battle with Alzheimer's.
Even though I have been preparing for this for many years,
no matter what I might have thought, it still hit me hard.
I love my grandma,
she was the grandma I spent much time with growing up and knew the best.
So on Monday we had her funeral
and this week has felt like a roller coaster.
Again, death and birth all within a few days of each other.
And to think that just a few years ago July used to just be a completely boring month for our family!

But yesterday we celebrated Jack's 1st birthday with just the 3 of us.
He is such a good boy lately,
and I am loving him to pieces.
His big party is going to be Saturday and I am loving every minute of the preparations.
Its crazy and hectic,
but I have waited so long for this type of celebration.
My kids are going to grow up knowing just how special every year...every day...they are here on this earth really is.
As for me?
I'm looking forward to finally getting to party after all this mourning...
Its been a long time coming,
but so worth the wait.
How is Jack handling turning one?
He was a sport and was such a good boy for his 1st haircut...
we have had fun celebrating all the little "1st" this year has had to offer.

No comments: